Monday, August 8, 2011

Liberty's Lament

The Lord gave me this vision of Liberty in travail over this baby a few years ago, but I did not have all the elements of it in my understanding until just recently. I believed the Lord was saying I needed to paint it now. As I began to do my preliminary sketches, some new understanding dropped into my spirit. I knew Liberty was supposed to be in a city with the skyline behind her, but for about a year I had assumed it was to be New York. As I was sketching on that first day, I was listening to Lou Engle on a CD explaining why he was bringing THE CALL to Detroit on 11/11/11. I listened to the horrifying statistics on the number of black babies who are killed by abortion each year, and suddenly I knew Detroit was supposed to be in the background! And I then understood that Liberty held a tiny Black baby in her arms! Liberty is in deep travail, crying out for our American children's freedom - their freedom to LIVE - beginning in Detroit!

As Lou spoke, he declared that God is raising up a new breed of Nazarite Men: Black men from Detroit and from Michigan who would be consecrated to the Lord. These men will contend in prayer for the pre-born children in our land. They will become the force that will turn the tide of Abortion in America.

This swiftly rising wave of targeted murder is cresting today. It is so much more sweeping the the tsunami in Japan. Our precious tiny Americans are being washed away in a silent genocide, ...and so few cry out.

With this painting, I'm crying out.

Have Mercy, Lord!
May we work together to end Abortion in America!

To purchase this print, click on this link: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/jenniferoakley.html

3 comments:

  1. Another painting that has much more meaning to me in my walk with the Lord. God truly speaks to you through your art. A friend attended "The Call" and heard the message you refer to here. On 11-11-11 I was sitting at a ministry meeting with a Pastor who is part of the restoration of the City of Flint, MI. Jennifer, you keep painting and writing as it IS direct from "The Throne Room of God".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible image, it needs to brought out and share for the days we are now in

    ReplyDelete