Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Painting in the Cherokee National Forrest

So.., this is what I have been doing lately! Watercolor Painting for hours and hours!! It has been great to be producing art, and I hope to do even more in the next few weeks. I just love the colors of the fall leaves and the green water against the rocks. The day was overcast, in fact it was raining when we set out for the mountains for our photo shoot. But before long, the rain stopped, and the cloud cover lent a quiteness to the rugged landscape beyond the sound of the rushing water. We had to do a little bit of climbing to get the most dramatic photgraphs I was looking for. I like to get down as close to water level as I can get. These mountains are spectacular, and the possibilities for paintings are endless. A totally new subjects lies around every curve of the river. How I love to paint the water! Many people like the still waters of the third painting in this series, but in this piece, the force of the water and the strength of these broken rocks were the dynamic composition I was searching for. This one is my favorite of the bunch.

1 comment:

  1. Jenney, Your new paintings are beautiful. I know what it takes to get this kind of detail in watercolors. Fantastic work! I'm so glad to see that you are painting full time! Cathleen Thayer

    ReplyDelete