Friday, October 9, 2009

The Lion of the Tribe of Judah


I love combining lettering into illustrations. I also love to be inspired by the Word of God or just by the Holy Spirit about current issues to illustrate. I think this piece covers both kinds of inspiration.
This latest watercolor was begun as a sketch from an art class that I taught at House of Hope Academy. The girls and I were drawing animals that day, so I chose this lion and began sketching. After class, I thought it had the potential of become the focus of a piece to honor Israel. After a few adjustments to the color palate, and working out the lettering issues, I hope I've succeded in blessing God with an encouragement for all who would, to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Something like this is growing particularly important with the recent headlines we read and the times we live in. The scripture comes from Genesis 12: 3 where God says of Israel: "I will bless them that bless you, and curse them that curse you. And in you, all the nations of the world will be blessed." So.., keep your eyes on Israel, and pray hard!!

1 comment:

  1. I like your drawing! I'll continue to pray for Israel.

    Keith Carlson
    Maple Grove, Minnesota

    ReplyDelete